Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Damn birds!

So, like a said in my last post...I was attacked by like 3 birds not too long ago. I think they thought I killed thier buddy or something but I swear it wasn't me!!

Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself....so I was on duty on a Saturday a couple weeks ago and me and the other 2 guys on watch with me were hungry. So we decided to go grab breakfast at Wendy's before colors went down(the raising of the flag at 0800). One guy stayed behind and me and the other guy went. Well...on our way back I'm driving right beside another car and this bird divebombs in front of our cars. I see the little guy getting too close and just KNOW that one of us was going to hit him. He made it past my car but then hit the tire of the person beside me and the next thing I know the bird flies(not because HE was flying, but because he did a circle AROUND the tire) in the air. I look in my rearview mirror and see him hit the ground....I was so upset!!! The guy in the car with me was laughing because I was sad about the poor little bird getting hit. I can't stand to see animals get hit by cars, let alone, me hitting them. I cried when I hit a bunny a couple years ago. I know, I'm a big baby. Anyways....

So we get back to the command and eat our breakfast burritos. Then at 0755 I head outside to do colors. Well, as I'm trying to hook up the flag to the hoisty thing I hear these loud screeches from the bushes to my left and right. I look to my left and all of a sudden this bird comes flying STRAIGHT towards my face at full speed! I duck and he flies into the bush on my right. I was staring at the bushes like "WTF??" Then, 2 more come flying out of the bush that the other one just flew into heading towards me AGAIN! I ducked once more and cursed at the damn birds yelling at them that I didn't kill their friend. Then the music for colors started playing, I hoisted the flag up and saluted. But I had to keep saluting until the song was over so while I'm standing there I'm looking out of the corner of my eye, paranoid that they were going to attack me again! The second the song was over I ran inside and told the guys what had just happened. And they just burst into laughter.

I, on the other hand, didn't think it was too funny. The birds probably have a hit out on me now.

No comments: