Thursday, February 5, 2009

dealing with it

Hey everyone. There's not much to write about at the moment. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issues as before. I know it's due to the damn horomones and I can't wait for them to go away.

I feel like I'm dealing with all of this alone. James and I keep fighting because he thinks I'm too emotional, but all I want is for him to act like this is something amazing and to be excited about it. I have no family here or any close friends to talk to. I call them but it's just not the same as being able to be with them. I think that's part of the reason why I'm so needy towards James. He's my only real support out here, and he keeps pulling away.

All I want is a little reassurance that everything is going to be okay and work out. I'm so scared of what's to come in the next few months. I don't know how to take care of a baby. Hell, I've never even changed a diaper. Babysitting was not something I did growing up. I worked with food and adults!

I don't want to keep fighting with him. Especially with a baby around. I don't want to be that couple that constantly fights around thier kid. I don't want Catherine to grow up thinking that there's anything wrong with her or that any of it is her fault. I just want us to be a happy family and work together and get along.

I am sick of being sad right now. I want to be happy.

4 comments:

KBear said...

I have the same problem with Matt. I'm way more excited than he is. he seems.. like it's no big deal really!

I think James does need to be a bit more understanding of the emotions.. your body is going through incredible changes, and it's not finished yet. But I think he'll be more into it and excited about the baby once he sees her beautiful face!

Chin up hun, it's almost over!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've heard that women become mothers the day they find out they're pregnant and men become dads once the baby is born.

I get that he's not going through the same things as me right now....it's just hard to think rationally at the moment. Which I'm sure you get....haha.

When's your due date by the way?

Nic said...

Poor you. I just got caught up (didn't know you were back).

And I think it's so brave of you that you let James see his other kid. Not a lot of girlfriends/wives would let their man do that. But maybe next time you could go with.

Guys never know what women think and they always assume that we are overreacting and emotional (even non-preggers).

Maybe you could write everything down, just like you do here, and let him read it. Then he can read it in his own way, without the fighting.

KBear said...

I'm actually about to pop any second:) My due date is March 7, but I'm being told he'll be considered "full term" by next sunday, which will be 37 weeks for me.

he can come any time he wants to as far as I'm concerned!