Sunday, April 26, 2009

what's sleep? I forgot how.

So it is now 2:30 in the AM and I am sitting in my living room waiting for my babygirl to wake up so I can feed her and change her and finally get back to sleep myself. I would post pictures but I take most of them with my phone and I don't know where the cord that connects my phone to my computer is. So, once I find that (or buy a new one) I'll upload them on here.

So it's so crazy to think that she will be a month old next Saturday!!! I mean, it seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and going into labor. But at the same time it feels like she's been in my life forever.

I go back to work 3 weeks from tomorrow (or today I guess) and I REALLY do not want to. Well, the good thing is I'm only back at work for 7 weeks and then I start my separation leave for another 8 weeks! I am so dang excited about that! I'm trying to figure out our money situation right now so hopefully I can stay home with Catherine for a little bit longer before I go back to work too. My ideal situation would be to stay home until she starts school, then go back to work. But I know that I can't really do that at the moment. Although, I have saved up quite a bit of money and James just got promoted so I do have a little bit of wiggle room. I probably don't have to work a 40hr work week, so I'll take what I can get.

Well, I just wanted to update yall on what's going on here. I'm still loving every second of being a mommy and a wife and for the first time in a long time, I can't complain about anything. Life is good!

4 comments:

KBear said...

hehe.. mine was 8 lbs, 15 ounces 21 3/4 inches long! born on March 6.

sorry I haven't been around much, but my blog is going all screwy and I can't access blogs much, so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

congrats on your little girl~~~

KBear said...

also, forgot to ask about sleep, are you getting any?

i found the first month a little rocky, but the pediatrician said to give him 4 ounces every 4 hours, and my honeybear wasn't getting enough food. once we got him filled up, and back on a schedule, i got a LOT more sleep.

he's barely two months now, and he sleeps from 11pm, straight to 5 or 530am, then, he'll sleep again til anywhere between 8 and 10am! so hopefully Catherine lets you get some sleep~

Unknown said...

THanks hun!

yeah, I'm starting to get more sleep now. She's a month and a week old now and is starting to sleep through the night more.

Congrats on your little bundle though!

Unknown said...

btw....I have tried to read your blog but you have it as private. I was hoping you could add me to your list to read.