Monday, January 12, 2009

Short week....woo hoo!

So I have a four day work week this week which is awesome! We have next monday off for Martin Luther King Jr day but my CO made an awesome rule that anytime we have a 3 day weekend....he will automatically extend it to a 4 day weekend. My boss rocks!

Anyways, I I wanna take some time here and bitch. I want to bitch and moan about being pregnant! I don't have many girlfriends and I can only bitch to my momma so many times. For one, the stretch marks. I know there are quite a few women who hardly get any or none at all....but I am def. NOT one of em =^( I try and take prego pictures and I can't actually show my belly in them because they look soooo nasty and red and gross. Plus, I'm starting to get these weird ones behind my knees on the inside of my legs. They're little but still ugly. I try cocoa butter and whatnot but it's not really doing anything. I guess that I'm just one of the unlucky women who have to deal with the nasty strectness.

2nd thing I hate about being pregnant.....shaving! I shave like once every week or 2....yes, it's gross I know....but it's also painful. I hate standing for that long and bending over. I've tried to take baths and do it but that doesn't really work because I can't get the angles right. I mean, to shave the back of my leg I'd have to lift and HOLD my leg in the air....and let's face it...if you've been pregnant, then you know that ain't gonna work! haha. So I warned my husband weeks and weeks ago that he better not complain once that my legs are hairy or I was going to shave his nipples. =^)

3rd thing I hate about being pregnant....my indecisiveness(sp?). Okay, so I don't know how many other women have had this problem......can't decide what to eat. I know lots of women get cravings and have to have that food now but I haven't gotten any cravings yet. See, I'll get hungry and really really want some food but I will have NO clue what I want. My husband gets so annoyed because I will sit there and bitch about being hungry for hours and simply not eat. He'll throw out ideas, but nothing ever sounds that good. So half the time I will go to bed hungry because I can't figure out what I want and I'd rather stay hungry than eat something I'm not sure about. hahaha it drived my husband friggin nuts!

4th thing I hated. I'm using past tense because they finally went away, or else it'd be number 1 on my list. The headaches. And I'm not talking about the everyday 10 minute long headache that people learn to deal with when working or at school or whatever. I'm talking about painful, can't walk or talk or move or breath and crying my eyes out migranes! OH MY GOD! I thought I was going to die yall! I never had a headache that bad before. I know migranes are actually a disease or something to that effect, so it may not have been full blown migranes BUT these were just as painful. If I walked the 80feet from my car to my desk, as soon as I would sit down it when the headache would start....and it would POUND! People thought I was just being the "emotional pregnant lady" because I was crying but I was crying because I was begging for it to stop and go away. Of course the only thing I was allowed to take was tylenol which didn't do shit for me. And the doctor told me that there wasn't really anything they could do either. These things lasted on and off everyday, all day for weeks. Plus the heat didn't help at the time. Summer is the worst time to be pregnant, I swear to God! So to be having my first trimester in July and August and September(which was just as hot at August) with all those early symptoms, like nausea and headaches.....I never want want to do it again! I wouldn't wish those kinds of headaches on my worst enemy! haha

Well, I think those are my biggest complaints so far from being pregnant. I still have 2 and a half months to go so I'll update that list....I'm sure I'll have more to bitch about =^)

Hope everyone has a good week yall!

6 comments:

PCS said...

How did you found out you're preggers?

Unknown said...

Well, on July 4th weekend, me, my husband and a couple buddies drove up to Jersey to visit a friend's family. Well, on July 4th we all got a little toasty and my husband and I got a little....um....frisky I guess you could say. =^)

So, while in the moment, we realized we had no condom, but drunkenly decided to continue our business. haha and I'm assuming this is how a lot of us end up with a new family member.....

Anyways, 2 weeks later I was maybe a day away from supposedly starting my period. So, I wasn't even late or anything...but something inside of me told me to buy a pregnancy test and well....4 positive tests later I had my answer.

Jadeny said...

Welcome back and gongrats!

KBear said...

hey! I've been bad at reading and I have to catch up cause I suck!

I'm 8 months this week, so it sounds like you're only a couple weeks (month at most) behind me.

I have to say, I just started with stretch marks, but fortunately mine aren't that bad. I have some purple marks on both my hips (2 or 3) and then a few on my left ass cheek. That's it. How do you get stretch marks on only ONE ass cheek?

I am using lotion 2 times daily, drinking as much water as I can and staying active. I find the activity helps a bit with any swelling you might have/get

I was lucky, i didn't get the headaches, but I have the siatic nerve, the severe swelling, heartburn (just starting) and I was always passing out and dizzy as hell until 18 weeks.

All I can tell myself is: it's almost over!!!

Do you know what you're having?

Unknown said...

haha one only one ass cheek!? That's hilarious! I have them all over my belly AND I have a scorpion tat on my hip. The stretch marks are creeping dangerously close to it so I'm afraid that it's not going to look all that great soon.

But we found out we are having a girl. Her name is going to be Catherine Mae =^)

KBear said...

oh that's soo sweet! It's a boy for me. Adrien Matthew:)

Another thing I forgot to mention: I don't know if it's the size of the belly or the angle he's always on, but I still have no problem shaving my legs, it's just a little awkward. I am able to stand beside the tub, prop my foot up on the side and I can shave my lower leg.. I also noticed my hair doesn't grow back as fast.. which is nice!!!