Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Friday everyone!

New year, new blog....hopefully I will keep up with this thing.

I use to have one for 2 years on livejournal but I figured I start a new one. I read so many other blogs on this thing and I've seen the support and friendships that you gals share and I kinda want to be apart of it =^)

My name is Kelly and I'm 21 in the navy and stationed in VA. I'm not a big fan of eastern VA...I'm from western VA, up in the mountains which is a totally different world from here. People can't drive here, there are absolutely NO mountains and there are too many people here. I miss being in a town where everyone knows everyone and everyone either says hi or waves to you.

My boyfriend's name is James, he's in the navy also and we live together. Just hit our one year mark this past November<3.>

Oh! Some great news....after 3 years of being out of the loop, I finally applied to college! I start in April and I'm going to major in Business Management and minor in Marketing and Small Business Entreprenurship. I can't wait till I can actually say that I'm a college graduate. It's a big deal for my family. Usually high school is about as far as we go but I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck still when I'm 40, I want savings and retirement and a 401K plan. I don't care about being rich, I care about being comfortable and I want a big family myself one day and I want to be able to provide for my family, ya know?

Well, I think this is good enough for my first post. Everyone have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Shar said...

Hi Kelly!
It's nice to meet someone else in VA. Congrats on applying to college...your family must be so proud of you.

Looking forward to reading more!

Jadeny said...

haha I used to live in Arlington and totally agree with you. They drive terribly.