Thursday, January 24, 2008

I need girlfriends!

The title says it all. I need more girlfriends! I have 3 really good ones but they all live 4 hours away and the command I'm at is 95% men. The women that are here are mostly in their 40's and married and have kids. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I need friends who are closer to my age.

I never realized how much making new friends is like asking a guy out. I mean, I was born and raised in one area so it was easier because I grew up with these people and we all became friends before we were even 10. But now it's like starting all over again. I did have more friends here but they were all guys and to make a long story short....there was so much drama with them and my boyfriend that we don't really talk anymore. Now, I'm in need of girls, you know, where I can go out to eat or just gossip with and get away from my boyfriend. Ok, ok, don't take it the wrong way, I love him but everyone needs thier space with their own friends ya know? If we didn't live together then it wouldn't be a problem because we'd have our own space but we live in a small one bedroom apartment and we are ALWAYS together! We tend to hang out with couples and I try to get along with the wives and the girlfriends but I haven't really fould one that I click with. James keeps trying to force this girl Ashley on me and yes, she's a sweet girl but we have absolutely nothing in common. I can't be myself around her at all.

Tuesday I had duty with this girl Shamber and she's someone I've talked to at work a couple of times and she's cool as shit. She does have 2 kids but she's only 5 years older than me and alot like me. Well, I don't know how to ask her if she wants to hang out outside of work. Does that sound strange?

Anyone got any tips to ask a girl out in a totally hetero way?

1 comment:

Jadeny said...

Hi! I'm a very friendly, outgoing person and thought you might want to hear my story. I used to live in Arlington (I'm from NYC) and after 2 years, I had made only one female friend (and she moved to Georgia). I'm not sure why, but I find that the women in that area can be rather cold and hard to make friends with. I hope you have better luck than I did!